FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Monday, March 21, 2011

Why Don't Men Listen??

Cindy and I are sitting here together after dinner, both on our computers.  For the upteenth time I ask her "what is our website" and "what is our password".  Finally, she says "why don't you write it down"! 

Why?  Because that would be like reading a step by step manual or stopping to ask for directions...it's just not done...I've got this!  What is it about men that we won't ask for help?

Is it pride?  How about masculinity?  Maybe we might get caught by our buds asking for help.  It is the ultimate "keeping up with the Jones'".  From the beginning it seems, men have been taught to lead and not show weakness.  To some men, not having all the information shows weakness.  I know that when I'm around a group of men, if I show a lack of knowledge about something there is sometimes more than a gentle ribbing.

But Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12:10:  "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."

I challenge you to read what Paul wrote before and after that part of scripture in 2 Corinthians to see Paul's vision.  Maybe you or the men in your life can learn from Paul.  It is not from our strengths that God works through us, but through our weaknesses, because then He gets all the Glory.

By the way, I did write down our website information...on a post-it
note...pink no less.

Enjoying My Kup,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment