FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Treasure Found!

     Before I begin to tell you about the treasure found, I am reminded, as I'm enjoying a Good Humor King Kone, about the humor our King reminds us of daily.  Today that humor was found in my three daughters as I accompanied them to their weekly ice-skating escapade.   

     The skating cost $1.00 each and lasted for about the first 15 minutes we were there.  The remaining two and three quarter hours were spent either taking pictures, chasing boys who stole their hat, or wandering aimlessly watching the actions of everyone else.  I, personally, relate to the latter event.  

     As each of my daughters were created uniquely gifted so were there answers to the question: What does 'Delight Yourself' mean to you?  I begin with their answer as the world has not totally corrupted their simple, yet profound faith.   

     These were the thoughts that they gave:
         
      Delight Yourself means:
         1.  To be happy that you're with God.
         2.  To be happy that you have God.
         3.  To be happy that God has blessed you.
         4.  To be thankful about all God has given you. 

      Now, my question to you is this:   

            Why do we make everything so difficult?

     Shouldn't we begin our thoughts with the most simple truths?  If we understand the simplicity of our faith, then we would understand that God made us exactly how He wanted.   He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us so that we can spend eternity with Him.  What a wonderful truth!  

     Ok Cindy, it's your turn.  Tag...you're it!

     In my mind, delight is like a kid finding a backyard treasure.  She delights in the process of searching and delights even more when the treasure is found.  There's a difference between delighting in the pleasure of this world and delighting in the pleasure of being in the presence of God.  One is temporary and the other is eternal.  

     Delighting myself with God comes when I spend time alone with Him, when I read His Word, and when I listen for His Voice.  It is then that I enter into an eternal vacation by being still in His presence, realizing divine appointments, and capturing the "aha!" moments.  Delighting myself in Him expresses my love for Him.  Oh, and by the way, He delights in me, which speaks to the depth of His love!  Psalm 149:4 says, 
"For the Lord takes delight in His people; he crowns the humble with salvation."  
God is delighted when He sees His people rejoice! (Psalm 149:1-3)

      In closing these thoughts Steve reminded me today that delighting is more than enjoying, more than happiness.  It's a restful, lasting expression of worship.


     Delight in the fact that you are delighted by God because He has buried treasure waiting for you to discover!


 Enjoying Our Kup...
       Steve and Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Love this! And other tidbit to add to it: About ten years ago I did a word study on this verse. I hit the floor.

    A more literal translation might be: "Become pliable before Him and He will plant within you His desires and then bring those things to pass."

    So glad you've joined the blogging world! Now we can really get to know each other;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! Yes! I totally agree..the Lord was showing me the same...as I delight in Him, my desires will eventually go by the wayside and His desires will then replace them and become mine!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete