FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Prefacing the Previous Post...

Allow me to preface by saying that my two youngest daughters actually started an argument after dinner about who's doing.....or should I say wanting to do the dishes!   

Ok...so there are still battles, even if it's fighting over who's getting to do the "job", and yes, I have a bit of work to do still; but hey, ya got to love the fact that their attitudes toward doing chores....I mean JOBS...are up there on that list of "Things A Parent Can Be Proud Of".  Just saying!

There are a couple of points that I left out on my previous post regarding "Commission"; probably because the post was lengthy as it was.  So I'd like to share them with you.  As my daughters and I were walking around our neighborhood yesterday I brought up the idea of Allowance verses Commission and asked for their input, in which I received a "thumbs up" reply from all three.  They in turn started blurting out all the chores-turned-jobs that could be possibilities.  I explained how their daddy works and earns an income and then waits every two weeks to receive that check.  I, also, explained to them that the money earned is and everything we have on this earth is from the Lord and when we receive an income we are to give a portion of that back to Him.  The girls responded with a positive reply and knew exactly what I was talking about.

  "Yes, we understand that it's a tenth of our earnings that we give." 

Whew!  I guess they learn quickly...and I am grateful for their cheerful hearts in this.  So they will continue to be taught how to Tithe, how to Save, and how to Spend!


...and prayerfully in the process we (mom and dad) will continue to learn with them :)


   Enjoying My Kup...
         Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment