FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Thursday, March 10, 2011

How Did We Survive?

Childhood...how did we survive it?  As I watch my girls grow up, I'm amazed that someday they will be parents and I will be grandpa.  I'm also amazed that I'm a parent, that God trusted me to make the rules.

When I go to the store, I buy sugar-coated, dentist loving goodies like Hot Tamales & Rainblo bubble gum. I watch old home movies with me chasing my older sisters with a badminton racquet.  Am I the only one around with a shoe box of black and white 8mm movies complete with projector and screen? Will I embarass my girls with singing in the mall and wearing old clothes while trying to be hip.  Would they claim me if they saw my powder blue prom tux and permed hairdo from the 70's?

If only they knew...my tux and hairdo will be their skinny jeans and long straight hair.  What will they do to try to show their kids that they are cool.  Will their "LOL" and "BFF" be our "groovy" and "sweet"? The constant theme will be their Godly character and the desire to serve others. Our family ties will be our love for each other and our love for our Creator. 

We survived by being ourselves...not by what others wanted us to be and by taking care of each other.

Enjoying My Kup...
Steve

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I often think about how my kids will look back on my prom pictures and boot cut jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete