FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

There's a Certain Security in Knowing...

  ... that I have a profound need for God.  Not just any need. Not like one would need a brush to untangle their hair, or a fork to eat spaghetti…but an all-consuming need like no other.

It’s a need that does not nor will not ever compare to the “needs” of “the world”.  This need cuts deep within.  There’s no word for it.  This need goes deeper than thirst or hunger will ever go.  The Bible uses these two analogies to try and touch the feeling one might have when we all need God…but it’s only an analogy.  An understatement to the actual need I have.  I can’t quite explain it, or describe it other than the ache that haunts or drives me to His Word in the sleepless nights.  No one, no thing in this world can or will ever satisfy this need.   Oh, there are times when I’ve tried to feed the ache within with sugared-up satisfaction, but very temporary an attempt it was.  This need is very hard to ignore, because there’s an ache that comes alongside and reminds me that I have a need.  Often times when I’m not aware, or “alert” as the Bible calls it, some feeling called “want” lures me into its deceptive direction camouflaging itself as “need”.  Oh how absolutely pleasurable it is ….at the moment…until it bites me in the behind, none too proud as the haughty eyes and the sneering tongue hisses its victory toward my direction.  The direction that evidently was the incorrect, Godless one.  If only I had heeded to His Word and to His still small Voice.

Going back to the need of a brush and a fork, why have we needed these items exactly?  Did not God create us with fingers?   Ok, spaghetti gets a little messy …among other meals… and I can’t stand to get my fingers all sticky and messy; where did that irritation come from?  Adam, did he have utensils to eat with?  Did Eve have any foreign object to comb her long (I only imagine) hair of its tangles?  Probably not!   In fact, I believe they hadn’t a want in the world; and their need would have been fellowship with the One who created their beautiful features.  I wonder how long that lasted before the enticing, scandalous suspect named “serpent” came slithering  (or should I say tip-toe, as he had legs back then…too bad for him) into the glorious garden to rip away all the innocence and introduce the word “want” to our ancestors?  What I inherited, what has been passed down to me is very, very bad and I have had a choice to accept it or stop the nonsense that “want” brings into this life.  It turns heads, it stops people in their tracks, and then causes the one’s behind them to take a trip (and not one to the Bahamas either.  More like the ER with a broken nose or tailbone or worse…. bruised egos!) right into the pavement!!  Not a pretty sight.  

 Contrary to popular belief “want” is NOT the band-aide to society’s hurts; “want” is NOT  deservable (i.e. “I know I don’t  NEED it, I want it and I DESERVE it.  I’ve had a hard day, or I’ve worked so hard”…blah, blah, blah.); “want” gets too much credit for things ….well just that!  Too much credit, that’s why this world is in so much debt!  Thank You, Lord that I’m out of it ... barring the medical/dental pile-up ... and I'm still going to thank Him in advance for taking care of that!
 
My conclusion is that “Want’s” qualities or character are greed, cravings, lust, conceit, filthiness, wandering, incomplete, unsatisfied, and discontent.  I’m sure there’s more.  The result:  humiliation, failure, loss, grief, sorrows, and again, I’m sure, there’s more.  This is called the “Pit Of Destruction”.   At the end of all this mess lies “NEED” for ONE and only ONE saving Grace called Jesus.   Why?  Because we will NEVER see the light in the “pit” until we are out of the “pit”; and we will NEVER get out of the “pit” until we confess that we have NEED for Jesus.   And there lies the SECURITY of knowing that I have a profound need for HIM!!    Amen!

Enjoying My Kup...
                   Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment