FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In A Quandary of Sorts...But God Is Bigger!

My heart is a bit heavy right now as I think about finding a job.  It's burdened not only because I haven't had to "go out" and find one for quite a few years and the uncertainty of how I'm going to go about doing so weighs on my mind, but also, the fact that a job will most likely interfere with our schooling efforts...of any kind (ie..Steve is currently researching the options of Christian schools in the area...and I wasn't going to look for a job because of the tuition of these options...I was looking to help with everything else!  Is there an option of raising my family for pay?!).  If I home-school (and this is my preference) then I'd need to find evening work or in-home childcare of one child...which I am inclined in doing because this is familiar to me (the latter that is).  If the girls attend an institution other than home then there is the transportation to and from and being home when they are.  There is no WAY I'm leaving them home alone in an area that I'm unfamiliar with ... teenage girls + a whole lot of teenage+ boys in the neighborhood = too much unfriendly and unwanted opportunity.  Know what I mean?  I'm not saying that I'm fearful...in fact, I refuse to live in fear.  Our present home has bars on all the windows that will be taken down eventually because I don't desire to live in fear.  I serve a big God that is able to protect my family and has protected us all these years.  I trust in Him alone.  What I am saying is this limits the hours that I can work because I need to be doing what I am called to be at this season of my life..and that is...a wife and a mother....which is work, right?

Either way we (he) decides, an extra income needs to be rolling in ...and quickly.  (Don't get me wrong, I am extremely proud of my husband and the hard work he puts into his job, but the fact of the matter is where we live geographically super exceeds our single income.)

This morning I applied to an online ad company that posts family oriented ads on blogs...and the idea of it is that it pays the blogger per page view.  Meaning, every time you, the reader, clicks on a post on my blog it counts towards an income for me.  So, if they deem my blog worthy to post their ads and you see ads on my blog then you will know that I am not only blogging for fun, but for a little extra income.  Please don't be offended by this, it would be something that I can thoroughly enjoy...writing!  But your help is essential in my making a few extra bucks...reading!  I know this is very premature as the possible acceptance may take up to 45 days.   I'm just warning you of my motives upfront.
 
Anyhow,  

"'I know the plans I have for you', says DECLARES the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"  Jeremiah 29:11

God just reminded me of this verse and so I had to share it.  Therefore, I will rest in Him and not worry.  My hope is in Him.  I know that as I seek Him first the above topic that my heaviness is entertaining will be taken care of...on all accounts.

Enjoying My Kup...
                       Cindy 

2 comments:

  1. I completely feel for you. Every time I have tried to find work it has been clearly noted that it is not what HE wants for me. Hard to submit when the bills are higher than the income. This coming school year do to not being able to put Shelby into Head-start and (which means I can't work b/c we can't afford daycare) and Josh having surgery the week after school starts and then being in a body cast for 6 weeks; we have decided that Homeschooling is best. Add to that our state allowing GLBT issues into the school system I am feeling less positive about our school system and more inclined to HS. Blessings to you in finding your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I find most of my clients, initially, through ifreelance.com and elance.com. Also, they don't hire in NM, so I wasn't able to jump on board, but I've heard good things (from real people) about:

    http://www.west.com/careers/search/

    Praying for you and missing you!

    ReplyDelete