FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Lil' Of This and Lil' Of That!

I'm not sure, at this point, what to write about; so I'll just begin writing about a lil' of this and a lil' of that.  And while I am typing I will be praying that these words will somehow be inspiring to my readers so y'all will want to come back ;o)

Yesterday I painfully willingly deactivated my Facebook account and because of this I may not be a candidate for the ads-on-my-blog job thing that I wrote about in my previous post...I don't know, we'll see.  Eventually, I will re-activate a new account, but until then I'm taking a break indefinitely.  Allow me to share a few verses out of God's Word that relates to the reason that I am breaking free of FB for a while:

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.  
Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.  Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.  Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil."
                         Proverbs 4:23-27

My shield has been dented ... so much so that I have felt it immensely as the vibrations from the arrows traveled through-out my body. 
                   It needs repaired. 

My sword has been dulled by the intense battle fought this past year.  
        It needs sharpening...on both sides.  

My belt has been loosened by the spirit of deception.  
       It's buckle needs stronger reinforcement.

My breastplate covers that which has been broken...the heart.
      Apparently, it needs thickening and I need purifying.

My feet are calloused and ugly and have tread through fields of wasteland and uneven ground.
Oh, for a pedi-cure! For a little Grace...and peace.

Though, one thing I know for certain...

The surety of my helmet
It fits perfectly because of God's perfect love.  

(see Ephesians 6:14-17)

To sum it up...2011 has been a tough year and I'm praying it only gets better.  But it has had it's awesome moments as well, and I realize I need to focus more on those points (I'm gathering that some of you might be thinking this as well). However, God has a work to do in my life and I'll be the first to admit that.  So therefore, I desperately need this break.

Facebook is not the culprit, it's only been one of the tools used.  Unfortunately this blog can be a tool too as the whole world is able to access it.  But I love to write and I won't be defeated for God is my Defender and Protector.   

Meanwhile, during this break, I will be catching up on my Armor Skills that God has gifted me with, as well as gardening,  quilting and prayerfully finding a job.  

Now I am asking you a favor.  Since I am not able to post this to Facebook at this time would you  pass this right along to your Facebook friends or whomever you'd like to pass it to.  I would indeed appreciate it ;o)  I appreciate you!

Enjoying My Kup...
                  Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Very inspirational, Cindy!!! I enjoyed reading it. I felt especially closer to you when I read "My shield has been dented....it needs repair" I know well that sensation and the physical pain of it.

    You're in our prayers and thoughts. Even the greatest of warriors must take a step back to regain strength before stepping back into the fray.

    ReplyDelete