FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Grinch or The Glad

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
(Psalm 8:24)

But I'm really, really tempted to be "grinchy" instead.  

Remember in the movie "The Grinch" when he cries, "Oh the noise, noise, NOISE!"?   

Well, this morning my husband and I were awakened way too early by the very noisy trash truck, in which sent us in a whirl of panic as our brains registered "oh no! The trash cans weren't put out!!!",  and then in another instant I exclaimed, "But it's only Monday!" as I'm running to the front of the house looking out the window to find that everyone else missed the "Monday Memo" as well.  

They come on Tuesday.  


What in my little world are they doing here?  (Later, I hear the neighbor behind us rolling in her bin ... of what? I have no idea!) This is a mystery.

Because it's that kind of morning, in the next minute or so a noisy helicopter flew inches over our house...or so it seemed.  

And because we needed one.more.interruption that just about took me out of my skin, not 5 minutes later the doorbell sounds off ...  twice!  Steve's turn to jump out of bed...and of course, no.one.is.there...of course! 

Are we being ...oh what's that latest term used?... punked? tricked? skunked?... whatever! It's all the same to me...stinky!

Anyway, NOT a good way to start a day. 

However, if the good Lord says that this is the day that HE made, then I suppose I do need to rejoice and be glad in it.

So, to put me back onto the right path for today I decided to dive more into scripture to find more of that rejoicing word, and a few other verses came into view, and a few other thoughts came to the forefront of my mind.  May I share?

"He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot - come, let us rejoice in him."  (Psalm 66:6)

"..rejoice that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20b)

"Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'" (Luke 15:6)

Here are 3 reasons for me to rejoice based upon the above three verses:

      1.   God made a way for me that was dry and protected and ready to be walked in.
 
      2.   God chose me and I accepted and because of that my name is written in the Book of Life.  By grace I have been saved...with no strings attached, except that of faith.
 
      3.  God does not give up, but goes after those who lose their way ... thank God for second chances!

Furthermore, "Rejoice in the Lord always.", as Philippians 4:4 tells me ... and when the scripture reads "always", I believe that means always

So, therefore, be gone temptation-of-being-grinchy, in Jesus Name!  For today I will rejoice!

Enjoying My Kup...
                       Cindy



  

1 comment:

  1. Excellent way of turning on the light on things that go bump...in the day LOL ;) Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete