FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Backyard Re-Vamp!

I have to admit I'm extremely excited about this project that I'm in the middle of doing.  However, I can really kick myself for not taking pictures of the "before".  One needs a vision to really appreciate the hard work that is put into a thing, ya know?  I do have one...only one...picture that was taken way before we moved in... a completely different angle and entirely different part of the yard that I've been working on, but if you can put your imagination to work you just might get that vision needed.


To my dear friends...and landowner's...credit the piles of wood and limbs ...and shopping cart...were removed before we arrived ;0) and at the same time Steve and I shared with them that we'd like to take on the project.   So, now that all this has been put into right perspective, I have myself a blank slate.  

Although most of my sweat has been put into the area behind the person taking the picture ... where a grove of banana trees resided with deep holes that were dug by big desert tortoises (they have since found other homes) and an overgrown geranium bush speaking "trim me, transplant me, do whatever it takes to make me pretty again!", I did spread that loving sweat to other parts of the yard that is displayed in the above picture...

This bush was formed into a tree...it will bloom pretty orange flowers.  I hear there's an alligator lizard that lives behind it.  I have yet to see it, but I'm suspecting my dog has spied it ... she's occasionally high-tailin' it right out to that spot!

Palm is trimmed, flower bed is turned over, and new free plants are in the ground.
Lemon tree is freshly trimmed and the underbrush is no longer an issue!
Now for the unseen section of the re-vamp...
Geranium plant pulled out and some saved in water to transplant, and underneath all of that I found what you see now coming up... camalilies ... can't wait until they bloom!  Oh, excuse the pile of dead geranium branches ... green waste bin is full.
And lastly, my favorite part, the banana tree transplant.  My hope is that the lovely telephone pole will be hidden as soon as these beauties grow ;0)  Side note:  The rock in the middle is one of the "artifacts" I found under the mounds in the banana grove.  So, therefore, it is on display to remind me...well, of the goodness of the Lord in the strength He gave me to do such a job.  (I shan't forget that my dear husband helped with diggin' the 2 ft holes to plop the trees in ;o)
 I will certainly keep y'all updated on the progress of the yard.  Today, instead of yard work, my girls and I took a long dip in the ocean to cool off...
 You don't see any of us because one of us is under this ocean foam finishing the wave out, one is drying off from doing the same from another wave, and one is taking the picture with wet hands having already done the first.  You'll just have to take my word for it ;o)


Enjoying My Kup...
                  Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. I thought the picture of the banana tree was going to be my favorite until I saw the one of the ocean and...well...I adore pictures of the ocean :D

    Great job on the renovating!!! It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete