FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Monday, June 6, 2011

Silence...

The silence is deafening...except for the ticking of the clock.   I never hear that noise...not until tonight.  


After delivering my family to the airport this afternoon and then turning around and driving three more hours back, I entered a home void of any other human being.  Strange.  Instead, I was greeted by a spastic, long-haired Dachshund who ran circles around me knowing she was about to get a little human contact and maybe a treat.  What a dependable companion!  


Just me and my dog.  This "alone-time" will be interesting...so I better make the most of it.  


Listening. Packing. More listening. Helping a friend. Waiting on Him.  Dinner with a friend.  More packing and more listening.  This is my goal for the week before I drive another 3 hours on Friday to meet Steve at the airport...and bring him home!

Do you ever get unwanted imaginings, especially at night when you're lying in bed, about loved ones when they are absent?  I do, but this time I'm determined to send them off to sea...the imaginings, not the loved ones (an act of taking captive the mind and committing it to the mind of Christ).  Those paralyzing thoughts that cause "what if's" about my husband and daughters as they are away will not be allowed in my mind, in the Name of Jesus!

This will be the longest time away from the girls ever...3+ weeks!  I will miss them; but I know that they are in good, godly and safe company and supervision...my family.   I appreciate you deeply! (you know who you are) And I am counting down the days when I will be able to see you as well.  I love you!


Enjoying the Silence (while I've been given it)...
                                                                    Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment