FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Friday, April 8, 2011

That Still Soft Nudge

     This morning, as every most mornings recently have gone, I sat with my Bible in my lap and asked God for a little word for the day, and like many of the recent mornings I "heard" His still soft nudge to turn to Joshua 4:9...again.

       But Lord, I know this verse and I know that I need to write about the twelve stones in my life... I whined cried out in my heart.

     "Keep reading" I heard.


  ...and so I kept reading.....chapter 4....chapter 5....chapter 6.....chapter 7... and then I came to a halt.

                  "I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy whatever among you is devoted to destruction."  (7:12b)

and then in the following...

                  "You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove it." (7:13b)  I certainly have the enemy distracting me lately with the mountain of financial impossibility with this upcoming move....I thought.

   I took a breath and then asked my Lord, "Please show me what in my life has been and is devoted to destruction. What do I need to get rid of still?"  Ongoing is the weeding out, cleaning out, and moving out that must happen so that my communion with my Savior is open and pure.

    For the next 10 days during my vacation the above question will still stand.  I did not "hear" anything specifically, and I know that I will in time or I would not have been shown this.  An open heart, an open mind equals an open relationship with Jesus, my Friend.

   About the 12 stones.  This is a writing project that I've been nudged to do for a while now; a project that will speak about the great works of God in my family's life...but where to start?

  My family and I were eating at Wendy's this evening and I was relaying to Steve what was being pointed out to me this morning; and then I "heard" it again (the still soft nudge)

     "Be ready at your computer, ready to type, and I will give you the words."

  This I have been avoiding, although I do not know why exactly, except for the past 10+ years have been a whirlwind of activity from the Lord and it's been a bit overwhelming to think about and put it all together.  So, if you think of me occasionally this week would you send up a prayer for me that my mind would be free to "hear" correctly from that still soft Nudge, the One who has done it already?

Oh, and by the way, the next 10 days I'll be on my own vacation in California seeing my new little niece and several family members...and our new possibility of a home! 
 
Enjoying My Kup....of Coca Cola!
                                               Cindy  

No comments:

Post a Comment