FaithFamilyMarriageFinancesSteve's CupCindy's CupHome Ed

Monday, April 11, 2011

Hangin' with my girls...

I am blessed!

I get to spend the next week or so with my girls by myself while mom is in California.  So I am worker, cook, laundry guy, principal...your regular "Mr. Mom".

What could be better than a week of Wii, playing catch, watching live bull riding and Karate Kid I, II & III.  It's during times like these that I realize just how quickly my girls are growing up.  Soon, they will be on their own, making their own decisions...living their own lives.  Some of you have small children.  You can't wait for the day when you can own "grown up" things again (like breakables in the house or decent furniture). 

My advice to you?  ENJOY your time!  Don't let the hustle and bustle of life take time away from your family.  We work to get ahead, save a little money, a little vacation time and before you know it...

Quality of life definitely wins over quantity of life.  It's not how much you can fit into one day...but the quality of the life during that day.  No one (except God) knows more about your kids than you. They have hopes and dreams and you know exactly what they are.

It may sound like I know what I'm talking about...it is easy to write down my thoughts.  It is quite another thing to put it into practice.

I want to encourage you to take some extra time this week to "love on" your kids, tell your spouse how much they mean to you...

But most of all...tell God how much He means to you...and show it with your obedience and praise.  If you make God the most important priority in your life, then He will show you how to prioritize everything else.

By the way...one thing I am finding out this week...Atari is not Wii!

Enjoying My Kup...

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment